Here are some of my new beauty buys – some from Birchbox and some CVS (I guess I just can’t help myself):
1. Dream Fresh BB from Maybelline (in Medium Sheer Tint) $8.99: so BB creams are all the rage now and from what I can tell, on the surface they seem like a tinted moisturizer – but they have a lot more nutrients for your skin. Maybelline claims to be an 8 in 1 Beauty Balm Skin protector… and I have to say, I really like it! (I tried the Garnier one and I didn’t love it – I think because it didn’t give me much coverage and I ended up using it as more of a primer for actual foundation). This Maybelline one is awesome. It gives me great coverage without caking my face. It feels great too. Thumbs UP.
2. Telescopic Explosion Mascara from L’Oreal $9.49: I needed a new mascara and I loved the L’Oreal Million Lashes, but I was feeling kind of wild I guess and decided to try something new. While initially scared, I was intrigued by the telescopic explosion one – the brush looks like a round spiky ball! Turns out I LOVE it. Because I have small eyes and smaller lashes – I’ve always struggled to find a mascara that got all my lashes without coating my entire eye with mascara goop. Not any more. This one is so precise and it really gets all my lashes. I’ve also started wearing mascara on my lower lashes again. Sweet.
3. Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Razzle Dazzler $6.99: a fun purchase on a Friday night after a longgg week. Super fun:
3. DDF Brightening Cleanser (Birchbox)
4. Oscar Blandi Smoothing Conditioner (Birchbox)
5. Viva La Juicy – La Fleur mini perfume (Birchbox)
6. Forever Noir Long-wear eyeliner (Birchbox)
7. Luster Premium White – White 7 Toothpaste $6.99: love keeping my teeth as white as possible without blinding people (ala Ross in Friends)
8. Also picked up Tresemme Split Remedy Leave-in Conditioning Treatment ($5.49) because I loved their Nourishing Rituals Liquid Gold conditioner. Also, I’m not sure I’m ready for a hair trim just yet and I think I’m getting some split ends. We shall see how well this works….