I like to have fun with fashion, beauty and style – this is pretty evident. Fun however = dress up time and play time and fooling around time – key word TIME. In reality, there isn’t always the luxury of time. Some examples include:
* You are late for dinner/drinks due to work (a classic scenario for me)
* The clothing or undergarments you want to wear are dirty and you don’t have time/quarters to wash them (also a classic)
* Cleaning up your flooded shower/tub… true story
In these events, it is good to have a fail safe option including outfit/hair/makeup that is easy to put together and makes you feel good for wherever you are going. I’m still working out the kinks (which I realize sounds a little ‘time consuming’), however once you create a formula you will be out the door in no time (hopefully).
So far, this is what I’ve got…
* dark skinny jeans
* a simple black top/t-shirt/tank (no sparkles or fussiness)
*whatever fun jewelry is rapidly available (aka not tangled together in a mess that takes forever to undo) which is usually a lot of gold…
*Then in terms of shoes – if I don’t know where I’m going or if I don’t know if I’m going to need to walk a lot, I opt for a nice neutral boot (black or grey) or loafers/ballet shoes. Comfort for me is key in this type of situation. If I know in advance that my feet will be in pain in an hour or two, that gives me anxiety – which is not worth it and only helps me to waste more time.
*Some extras – if I feel like I need a little more ‘flair’, I’ll add some fur or leopard details and perhaps a blazer with a broach or a pretty scarf. DONE!
* Make-up – this should be fast and easy to apply. Unless you are super awesome at creating fancy/elaborate makeup looks in minutes (which I am not), my advice is to stick to simple, starting with clean canvas of foundation and a little concealer. I’ll also swipe a little bronzer and blush on as well.
For me, I am not good a creating a smokey eye (no matter how ‘simple’ it is) and I love lipstick but often feel quite fussy with it (aka thinking that it smudged outside my lips or is on my teeth etc). SO, my thing is to do a little cat eye with black liquid liner, a little shimmer in the corner of the eye and then a lip stain and/or colored gloss. I’ll also make sure my eyebrows are filled in and set in place – this is a must for me to feel put together.
* Hair – this is tricky for me and often it is the thing that slows me down the most, and to be honest, I haven’t figured this one out, like, at all (partly because the length of my hair is always changing and the frizziness… oh the frizziness…). In a rush though, I’ve noticed that I go with a messy bun or some kind of pony tail and then I bring bobby pins/1 hair hairband and claw clip in my purse… not the best, but I’ll figure it out… eventually…
My best advise though, is not to stress (or try not to) and show up wherever you are going with a smile on your face. In the end, as long as you show up with a smile and sense of humor, you’ll look great! Cheesy – yes. True – most definitely.
Do you have any fail safe or go-to styling options for when you are in a rush?